Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gift

This birthday was a milestone year for me. I have lived on this planet for good three decades. Sitting in Dandeli crossing this milestone I was wondering about my life till now. My gal wanted to give me an amazing gift of Paragliding. But due to shortage of vitamin M we had to put it forward. I was left wondering is this the way my life would be- not able to get what I want when I want it. This goes completely against my principle of always having the ability to get what I want when I want it. The harder I thought and more I spoke to my gal, I realized Life is how we live it….. not how we spend it. This sort of made me think about the movie The Ultimate Gift and analyzed how each of the gifts talked about in that movie has been in my life.
  • Gift of Work - Work could be better but i know I will reach there soon
  • Gift of Money - I am short of it but not completely deprived of it
  • Gift of Friends - I have a lot of good friends, Are they real friends? Would they stand by me if I am bankrupt today? I hope I never get into that situation
  • Gift of learning - I have learnt a lot but a lot more learning is needed
  • Gift of problems - Never been in the state where I have lost everything, hope to never get there
  • Gift of Family - I have a nice family with their idiocracy but they are all gems
  • Gift of laughter - Sufficient laughter in my life, I am not always frowning with worries. My gal complains I do that a lot thou:)
  • Gift of dreams - Ohh yeah this I have loads, in a few years I will know if I am on the path to achieving them
  • Gift of giving - Have strong plans and will very soon make my first big giving
  • Gift of gratitude - I hold a lot of people accountable for my current state, is it for a good state or a bad state depends on the perspective
  • Gift of a perfect day - I don't know which one to call my perfect day. Is it my 30th birthday? I have had many which fall into this category
  • Gift of love - I have the love of all my loved ones, especially my mom and my girlfriend-life partner