Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blue Jeans

This is an ode to my Jeans. I have reached a point where I will be forced to stop wearing my Jeans whenever I feel like it. I will be pressurized to take up formal clothing by my career needs. But Fri-Sun will always be Jeans days;>)
I love myself when I am in my blue jeans. I feel like the rebel I am, free spirited not bounded to anything. It does not matter how, where, when I use it. I can sit on anything anywhere, everywhere. I don’t feel constrained like in a formal pant. Jeans is not just a pant it is an entire character which one wears. For me it’s like the Mask (Jim Carey – MASK) the only difference, it’s on my legs! It’s like that shield on those super humans – Superman / He-Man etc.
Its makes me feel I am still ME – the non-conformist of the society. The only color I like in Jeans is the original Blue from Levi’s, to a certain extent even the stone black is good. All the remaining colors do not stand for Jeans; they actually dilute the essence of Jeans according to me.
I cannot believe that I was not wearing Jeans till I joined college. I was in my Engineering days when I started wearing one. The first one I bought was obviously an original Blue Jeans. I can still remember the day when I went shopping for it with my friend (late) Prakash. It was not that I was not audacious; it was just that after I got my first Jeans I started to flaunt I am an individualist.
For the uninformed lot, Jeans has its origin in India. The earliest known version of Jeans is the Dungaree – a thick cotton cloth from the 16th Century India. The current version of Jeans is basically from France and not from USA like most of us think.