Sunday, December 04, 2005

Decisions

Yesterday I put myself in a very difficult situation. I, in most probability put in motion probably a chain of events, which may change my career. I have only one person to help me make my decision. It is the one person who will be affected the most by any of my actions.
When I was very young, I have made decisions very important ones (relative at that age) with just a coin toss. Only if decision-making was as simple as tossing a coin. Now at this age I have responsibilities I cannot do the same. I hold myself accountable for the life of a few people who depend on me. I must map out the likely consequences of decisions, work out the importance of individual factors and choose the best course of action to take.
I have used all the decision-making techniques (Grid Analysis/ Six thinking hats etc) to arrive at a decision. The opportunity I have now in front of me is like a window I never knew existed. I was expecting to reach a door thru which I could pass through to the career I want. The path to that door turned out wrong. The mapquest-guidance gave me a wrong route map! I just hope I make the right decision and never regret my actions.