Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dreams

Having dreams is what makes life tolerable. I don’t know if I will have to walk alone in the pursuit of my dreams. I know there is one person who will stand with me, but not sure, how long that person is going to stand by me. I keep getting the advice that, chasing a stupid dream causes you and people around you heart ache. Does anyone know how much my heartache I get by not chasing it? Am I being selfish in ensuring, that it aches no more, it may very well be. I have been selfish all my life and a few more years like that ain’t gonna hurt anyone. I can have a good life by just being what I am now. My guardian angel has bestowed me with sufficient resources to enjoy my life. All my life, I have had this dream of studying in a very well known and respected Univ. I have no idea of which Univ, in my dreams all I see is just huge monumental structures depicting the college. It is not about just studying in that Univ, it’s about what sort of perspective and increase in my horizon it will give me, not to mention how much I will grow in my own eyes.
I know I have nothing to prove in the world to anybody, but I need to prove it to myself that I am worth something, I am worth being someone with a name. Some one gave me an example that achievers like Bill Gates / Ellison / Premji / Steve jobs never completed college. Are these people not missing something? Are they not ignoring the fact that these great achievers did get into the college and not complete it by choice? Here I am struggling to even get in, forget the part of completing or not.
I am writing this watching a very good movie RUDY this was like a medicine for the state I was in. It is about how one man fulfills his dreams against all odds. It is about how his perseverance pays off. Dedication of any individual will definitely win over supporters in the strangest of places, which effectively turn out to be the most crucial. I have this belief; one has to be either lucky or patient in life to get what he/she wants. I know for one thing I am not lucky so it’s pretty obvious, I have to be patient for my time to come. Until then I just need to persist and continue to follow my dreams. It’s not just the destination but also the journey that matters. There was this article in TIME sometime back, which talked about over achievers and under-achievers. It mentioned that over-achievers have this fire in their belly to do something significant. I hope I have some amount of fire to have sufficient impact on the lives of people who love me. I hope I can achieve what I dream of, get my MBA and go on to implement all my ideas.