Thursday, November 24, 2005

What I want

I have been asking this question myself for quite sometime now. What do I really want to do in life? Apart from the natural want of having a nice full life with my lady. I have now started to question my purpose in life. I want to be part of something, which I can be proud of later in my life. I do not know if what I have is ambition or aspiration. In my definition, the difference between the two is very simple. In the former one wants to make it big at all costs and in the later one wants to make a difference at all cost. I am unable to make out the distinction because I don’t know what cost am I willing to bear to achieve what I pursue.
I am at a very crucial juncture in life when I need to decide the amount of sacrifice I am willing to do now and later in life. This is one of the stages when I have been reminded the absence of someone to guide and mentor me in my life. Probably the situation of ‘a kind man talking to a stubborn man’ has been with me because I never appreciated the credibility of people who gave me the unsolicited advice.
I have started to believe I need to modify my principle in life to ‘If you cannot be first, be the best. If you cannot be the best, be the first’. I need to work harder to create my own destiny.