Wednesday, November 09, 2005

To Love or to be Loved?

Love is such a weird thing. After being in love for the past 5 yrs with my girl, I think I can comment on love out of personal experience. I feel one must be grateful if there is a person who he/she can love. To love compared with to be loved is more rewarding and gives a feeling of completeness. The soul feels full to make someone your at most priority in life. I know a lot many out there will not agree on my point, most people on this planet would want to be loved than to love someone. This is because the materialistic benefits the person who is loved gets is far too much than in the other alternative! But at the end of the day the feeling of being full which I value more is had only by loving not by being loved. I do not expect anyone to agree with me, comments are welcome thou.
I also feel very strange about my relation because I do not feel jealous. I will try to explain my state rationally. I feel the absence of jealousy is because, I have faith in my love for her will be the same, immaterial of what she or anyone else does. "Jealousy stems from desire", so does this mean I do not desire for her? Now that is a very interesting development of my argument. The fact is I desire her, I lust for her, and the only difference is I am not satisfied with getting only her body. I want her soul, and I feel that the act of making love with both body and soul can happen only with one person in ones lifetime. I know I am that person for my girl. Therefore, I am sure that there can be no other person who can have my girl like the way I do. This gives me no reason to be jealous of anyone she knows or I know.
Am I not lucky?