Saturday, November 12, 2005

Small or Big

There are only few instances where I have ever felt smaller things are more important. I know anyone who reads ‘Size does not matter’ will think of only one thing. All of us have a one-track mind and we have the guts to comment on others having a single track! Tsk tsk
So now coming to why I made my point above. I have always faced this situation when you do a big task to the expectation or beyond expectation whatever it does not really make a big impression. However, when a small task performed outstandingly receives a huge amount of recognition. The same task you do bad voila, you are associated to the group of underachieving, inefficient, worthless, drain on the company’s payroll scum. I have come to a point where I really concentrate on the small details in the past year or so. Man, have I had some real good progress because of this decision of mine? U betcha.
I have had this one experience, which may help you see my point of view. It was some event to celebrate and we had gone to some restaurant. The food was good, it was better than we (I & my girl) can cook. That is the reason we go to a restaurant right to eat food better then you normally have don’t we? It was an Indian restaurant for a change and we had some rice entrée, which comes with some yogurt-based curry (raitha). The combination of the rice with all its spices and curry was very good. I requested for an extra serving of that curry and those people charged me extra for it. If we go to any restaurant and I am charged extra for a extra slice of bread how do you feel? Now coming back to my main point, even thou the food was great, ambience was acceptable, waiters were polite, that small thing of being charged extra put me off. It was just 85 cents so it did not attract my attention; it was the gesture of charging for it that did.
I rest my argument :>)